- The Sheriff or his designee, upon receipt of a request for a special visit from the inmate, may authorize special visits for the following circumstances:
a. Visits to hospitalized inmates.
b. Visits due to the distance a visitor must travel.
Proof of distance traveled is required.
1. Drivers license showing residence is a considerable distance away.
2. Plane or bus ticket showing distance traveled to arrive here.
2. Ex-felons – all former inmates of any correctional Facility, or those persons having been convicted of a felony, are prohibited from visiting any inmate at the facility unless special permission is granted by the Sheriff or his/her designee.
3. Shift Supervisor shall cause all special visits who enter the secure area be documented on the log in the Main Control.