Visitor Dress Code
Presentable attire shall be worn by both inmates and their visitors. All visitors to the Hampshire Jail and House of Correction shall comply with the dress code. Individuals who are wearing the following attire shall not be allowed entrance to the facility:
- Bathing suits
- Halter tops
- Excessively tight or revealing clothing
- See-through clothing
- Ripped clothing
- Tank tops
- Tube tops
- Hooded clothing
- Any shirt not fully covering the midriff
- Sleeveless shirts or dresses
- Backless shirts, blouses, or dresses
- Obscene t-shirts
- Spaghetti-strap tops or dresses
- Hair ornaments
- Body piercings such as eyebrows, nose, lips, and ears
- Jewelry, except for one wedding band and one religious medal with chain allowed
- Coats or jackets
Prescription eyeglasses are allowed.
Except for the above mentioned articles of clothing, all coverings of the upper body are allowed as long as the garment includes some type of over-the-shoulder covering. The lower part of the body must be covered by a dress, skirt, slacks, or shorts.
* All shorts and skirts must be no higher than two inches above the knee.