Visitor Dress Code
Presentable attire shall be worn by both inmates and their visitors. All visitors to the Hampshire Jail and House of Correction shall comply with the dress code. Individuals who are clad in the following attire shall not be allowed entrance to the facility.
- Bathing Suits
- Shorts *
- Halter Tops
- Spandex type clothing
- See Through clothing
- Ripped Clothing
- Tank Tops
- Tube Tops
- Hooded Clothing
- Any shirt not fully covering the midriff
- Mini Skirts
- Sleeveless Shirts or Dresses
- Backless Shirts, Blouses or Dresses
- Open-Toed Shoes
- T-Shirts that are obscene
- Spaghetti Strapped Tops or Dresses
- Hair Ornaments
- Body Piercings (e.g. eyebrows, nose, lips, ears)
- Jewelry (wedding band & 1 religious medal with chain allowed)
Prescription eyeglasses are allowed.
Except for the above mentioned articles of clothing, all coverings of the upper body are allowed as long as the garment includes some type of over the shoulder covering. The lower part of the body must be covered by a dress, skirt, slacks or shorts.
* All Shorts and Skirts must be no higher then two inches above the knee.