Property List - Pre-trial and Sentenced (Non-treatment Unit) Inmates
PRE-TRIAL & SENTENCED (NON-TREATMENT UNIT) INMATE PROPERTY LIST
Inmate personal property and money may be dropped off at the facility
Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon only.
THE PERSON DROPPING OFF THE PROPERTY MUST BE ON THAT INMATES APPROVED VISITING LIST
- 7 T-shirts (White, No Logos, No Tank Tops)
- 7 Pairs Underwear (No Silk, No Thermal)
- 2 Pairs Pajamas (No Silk, No Quilted, Blue/Black/Gray) (No Logos) – Worn in Housing Unit Only
- 7 Pairs Socks
- 1 Bathrobe (No Silk, No Quilted, Blue/Black/Gray) (No Logos) – Worn in Housing Unit Only
- 1 Wedding Band
- 1 Religious Medal not to exceed 1” x 1 ½ ” with chain
- 1 Medic Alert Bracelet
- 1 Pair Prescription Eyeglasses With Case
- 1 Pair Prescription Contact Lenses With Case
- Saline Solution for Contact Lenses (Factory Sealed Container Only)
- 1 Religious Book (i.e., Bible/Koran) (No Hardcover)
- 5 Books (No Hardcover)
- 1 Non-Electronic Board Game, Factory Sealed at Time of Drop Off
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE PERMITTED BY THE ADMINISTRATION BUT MUST BE PURCHASED THROUGH THE COMMISSARY VENDOR:
- 2 Pairs Sneakers
- 2 Pairs Shower Shoes
- 1 TV Clearview® 13 inch
- 1 AM/FM Walkman®-Type Radio
- 1 Headphones
- 1 Fan With Plastic Blades
- 1 Battery Operated Shaver
Court Clothing is allowed for Pre-Trial inmates. This clothing is not allowed to be stored within the inmate house areas. The items permitted are as follows:
- 1 Suit Jacket (No Brown, No Tan)
- 1 Dress Pants (No Brown, No Tan)
- 1 Dress Shirt (No Brown, No Tan)
- 1 Necktie
- 1 Belt
- 1 Pair of Shoes
- 1 Pair Dress Socks
Court clothing for sentenced inmates requires Assistant Superintendent approval.
HJHC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROPERTY OR FOR ANY PROPERTY AFTER YOU TAKE POSSESSION OF IT.
Items purchased from the Inmate Commissary are allowed in the inmate’s cell/room. There may be a limit to the number of items allowed. Any item available in Commissary will not be approved for purchase elsewhere and will not be accepted by mail.
THE HJHC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISAPPROVE ANY ITEMS DEEMED TO BE INAPPROPRIATE. ALL OTHER ITEMS WILL BE CONSIDERED AS CONTRABAND AND DISPOSED OF AS SUCH.
The following items are not allowed in the facility:
- Nose rings, studs or tongue rings
- Body jewelry
- Any spliced cords
- Electrical outlet “splitters”
ALL CONTRABAND (AS EXCESSIVE PROPERTY, DISALLOWED ITEMS) WILL BE DISPOSED OF.
Any property that is brought in by you, or is dropped off for you, is done as a condition of comfort.