Correctional Officer Positions
How to Become a Correctional Officer
- You must be at least 19 years of age in order to apply for a position at the Hampshire Sheriff's Office, as well as successfully possessing a minimum of a High School diploma or GED at the time of application. A bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice is highly preferable.
- Submit an up-to-date resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If there is not an exam scheduled, your resume will be kept in an active file and you will be contacted when the next written exam is scheduled.
- Register for an upcoming Written Examination, if applicable. (We do not have an exam scheduled at this time. We recently had an exam back in March of 2017).
- Anyone that successfully passes the Written Examination, will then be invited back to participate in the Physical Fitness Examination. The requirements for passing the Physical Fitness Examination, which is the minimum requirements for entry to the Correctional Officer Academy can be found here: Physical Fitness Examination
- Anyone that successfully passes the Physical Fitness Examination, will then be invited back on site for a 1st Round Professional Panel Interview.
- Typically the candidate pool with then be narrowed down after 1st Round Interviews prior to 2nd Round Interviews being Scheduled. Reference and Background Checks/Investigations are conducted at this point in time.
- If hired, employees are required to successfully complete all portions of the Correctional Officer Training Academy within 12 months of hire. Requirements of the Physical Fitness portion can be found here: Physical Fitness Examination
To submit a resume or application to be considered for an upcoming Correctional Officer Written Examination:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (413) 582-7715 (confidential HR Fax)
- Mail: Hampshire Sheriff's Office, PO Box 7000, 205 Rocky Hill Road, Northampton, MA 01061-7000