1. Summons and complaints are the initiation of a law suit.
2. A supplementary process, or judgment debtor sums, orders the defendant into court to examine their ability to pay a judgment.
3. A subpoena orders a witness to court to testify their knowledge in a case.
4. Deposition subpoenas order a witness to give a deposition of facts concerning a case.
5. A notice of taking deposition notifies a witness that a deposition is being held.
6. A summons to trustee is a summons to a third party holding the assets of another, instructing the third party to freeze part or all of the assets in their possession at the time of service.
7. A capias warrant is a civil arrest warrant for contempt of court.